After months of anticipation, the baby is finally here and it’s a sacred time for…
Proper hydration leading up to and after birth is vital to your recovery. Period. And while chugging water daily is a good thing, it’s even better when that water has some electrically charged minerals and compounds in it.
I know, you probably just had a flashback to the lemon-lime Gatorade you used to drink at soccer practice. But we’ve got something even better (and healthier): Postpartum Aid. Before you grab this revitalizing and easy-to-make recipe, it’s important to know why electrolytes matter so much.
- They help replenish the nutrients lost after childbirth and pregnancy
- They help with nerve function
- They help balance ph levels
- They support healthy blood pressure
Overall, they help the body to work more efficiently and right now we want to support the repair of your connective tissues, your milk production (if you’re breastfeeding), and more.
- 5 cups filtered water or coconut water (no added sugar)
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon and/or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt or real salt
- 1/4 cup raw unpasteurized honey
- A few drops of Rescue Remedy* (optional)
- One scoop of magnesium** (optional)
Combine everything in a big pitcher, add ice, and enjoy! Or pour into popsicle molds and let them set in the freezer then enjoy!
I love the option of adding…
- Rescue Remedy* an essence from the bach flower and helps create calm and balance in the body.
- Magnesium** which is vital to energy production, supports sleep, helps calm the nervous system, and can help with postpartum anxiety and depression. If you are breastfeeding, your body uses up a lot of its magnesium stores so supplementing can be helpful.